Contact UsIf you suffer moderate to severe back pain due to spinal stenosis, facet arthrosis or other spinal conditions, find out if TOPS Posterior Arthroplasty can help you. Read more »
Dan Plev, MD
Dan Plev, MD
Dr. Plev Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon, London UKSpecialist in spinal assessment, treatment and surgery, including surgical and non-surgical treatment of degenerative spinal conditions, and surgical and non-surgical treatment of osteoporotic conditions.
Is TOPS for you?Find out if you are a TOPS candidate—complete our online evaluation form today»
Mr Dan V. Plev, MD FANCH is a neurosurgeon with considerable experience in spinal assessment, treatment and surgery. He is a graduate of Mainz University, trained in Phoenix, AZ, USA and Munich, Germany where he completed his German neurosurgical training.
He was awarded an MD for his experimental immunohistological work on proliferation markers in gliomas and meningiomas. During his training he gained considerable experience in treating spinal disorders, ranging from degenerative conditions through to tumor work.
Mr. Plev is one of two spinal surgeons practicing at The London Spine Clinic, which has been established as a dedicated multi-disciplinary centre of excellence for all spinal care. The clinic aims to bring to expertise and skills of various spinal specialists in order to provide a holistic treatment for their clients.
Clinical and research interests in spinal surgery
- Assessment of patients with low back pain or neck pain
- Non-surgical and surgical treatment of degenerative spinal conditions
- Non-surgical and surgical treatment of osteoporotic conditions
- Surgical treatment of disc pathology with special emphasis on non-fusion techniques
- Disc replacement surgery – cervical and lumbar spine
- Motion preservation and posterior arthroplasty of the lumbar spine
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
- The International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISASS)
- British Cervical Spine Society (BCSS)
- National Osteoporosis Society (NOS)
- Bavarian Medical Council, Specialist Register
- CyberKnife Society
Professional activities, presentations and papers on spinal surgery
- The Osteoporotic Spine Fractures: Treatment Options.
- DV Plev, Bone Augmentation Meeting, London, UK, June 2007
- Cervical Total Disc Replacement: A Surgeons Perspective. DV Plev, British Cervical Spine Society Meeting, Newcastle/Tyne, UK, November 2007
- Multilevel Total Dis c Replacement: Indication and Outcome using the Link Charite and the Prodisc Prosthesis, DV Plev & JC Sutcliffe , NASS, USA, 2004
- Nonfusion Stabilization Techniques for Multilevel Degenerative Disc Disease: Indications, Outcome and Complications using Total Disc Replacement. DV Plev & JC Sutcliffe, Artificial Disc Workshop, Stanmore, UK, 2005
- Use of Cervical Disc Replacement: 2 Year Follow-Up. Z Choudhoury DV Plev, British Cervical Spine Society Meeting, Newcastle/Tyne, UK, November 2007
Where can I get private surgery and spinal treatment?
The London Spine Clinic
116 Harley Street
Availability for consultations
Monday & Friday 09:00-17:00
Tuesday & Thursday 14:00-19:00
Emergency consultations available on the same day.
Video conferencing/consultations are also available.